1. Determine the Flow
Many people go out in market to buy Oxygen Concentrator (OC) without knowing their flow requirements. The flow is in Litres Per Minute (LPM) and is written on the doctor’s prescription.
There are chances that if you have been recently prescribed Oxygen, then you may need a Home Oxygen Concentrator with flow upto 5 LPM (the most commonly available oxygen concentrator in India).
2. Know the Type
Don’t know which one to choose? Well, price can be a major deciding factor over here. A portable oxygen concentrator is 'atleast' 3 times more expensive than a home oxygen concentrator. Keep reading to know the Oxygen Concentrator price range in India.
3. OC Brands in India
- AirSep and Philips Respironics are the most sold machines in market with Nidek Medical not being far behind.
- Invacare has entered the Indian market not long back. They are catching up with the competition very fast.
- DeVilbiss is rarely seen in the Delhi but quite dominant in Mumbai.
- SeQual Portables are available with few AirSep importers after acquisition of AirSep by chart industries.
- Inogen is yet to enter the Indian market. We could not find a single distributor of Inogen.
- Apart from the above stated major brands, the Indian market is also dominated by various Chinese machines. The latest practice is that a lot of distributors are getting Chinese units imported under their own company’s name.
4. Models you can Choose from
The list of oxygen concentrators you will find in India:
Stationary Oxygen Concentrator:
- Airsep VisionAire 5 - Read Review
- Airsep NewLife Elite - Read Review
- NewLife Intensity 10
- Caire Companion 5 - Read Review
- Philips Respironics EverFlo
- Invacare Perfect O2 V
- Invacare Platinum 10
- Nidek Nuvo Lite
- Nidek Nuvo 8
Portable Oxygen Concentrator:
- Airsep Focus - Read Review
- Airsep Freestyle Series - Read Review
- SeQual Eclipse 5
- Philips respironics SimplyGo
- Invacare XPO2
- SeQual eQuinox - Read Review
5. Oxygen Concentrator Price in India
No oxygen concentrator comes with Maximum Retail Price (MRP) written on its box. Have a rough idea of price of each type of oxygen concentrator before you go out to purchase.
- 5 LPM Home Oxygen Concentrators usually start from some Chinese machines costing about ₹ 27,000 to high grade AirSep machines costing about ₹ 55,000.
- High flow (8-10 LPM) Oxygen Concentrator price range varies from ₹ 70,000 to ₹ 1,15,000.
- Pulse Flow Portable Oxygen Concentrators are expensive and they start from ₹ 1.5 lacs to ₹ 2.5 lacs.
- Continuous Flow Portable Oxygen Concentrators are the most expensive oxygen concentrators with price ranging from ₹ 2.25 lacs to ₹ 3.5 lacs.
6. Get the Warranty Note
Getting after sales service is equally important as buying a new machine. To ensure that, get the warranty period and terms & conditions printed on the invoice.
Below you can find the warranty provided by each manufacturer:
- Airsep: 2 years
- Philips Respironics: 3 years
- Invacare: 3 years with Home Service
- Nidek Medical: 2 years with Home Service
- Chinese machines offer 1-2 years of warranty
7. Check Oxygen Times Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist (PDI)
The most important step in the process. The Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) checklist contains many points that you might overlook if you are in hurry to purchase your Oxygen Concentrator. Just take out time to read / print our Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) for Oxygen Concentrators.
8. Beware of Malpractices
With the growing market and fierce competition, general malpractices are also increasing.
Very frequently we come across cases when doctors mentally force the patient to purchase the machine from a particular equipment provider and in return take commission from the companies despite strict rules by Medical Council of India.
We don’t want to go into details of how some medical professionals / dealers cheat the patients but whenever you are prescribed supplemental Oxygen (or any other medical equipment), search on web or use our Oxygen Concentrator Dealer finder tool - India.
And remember, when you go out in market, just use the printed copy of Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) checklist and you can purchase oxygen concentrator from any dealer in India without worrying about being cheated.