About the Company
Invacare Corporation is an American company with Headquarters in Elyria, Ohio. Invacare manufactures and distributes non-acute medical equipments to cater patients with disabilities and respiratory diagnostics.
Major medical equipment being manufactured and distributed by Invacare are: Wheel chairs, Walkers, Mobility Scooters, Respiratory products, Pressure Care and positioning.
Invacare has distributors in more than 80 countries.
The name Invacare is derived from 3 terms: INnovation, VAlue and heathCARE.
Since 1885, Invacare which was part of the Worthington Company began the production of wide range to wheelchairs. Invacare was later acquired by several companies such as Technicare, Johnson & Johnson and finally was bought by Mixon.
With several acquisitions, Invacare is now $1.8 billion Company manufacturing Medical Products and supplying over 25,000 medical equipment providers with its products such as Innovative Home and Long-term Care Medical products.
Invacare products are divided into two main divisions:
- Long-term Care
Homecare Products are focused on proving medical equipments which allow patients/ consumers to use them at home and community. Further categorisation is done of these products as:
- Rehabilitation: which includes – Wheelchairs, Scooters, Seating and Positioning Systems
- Respiratory: which includes – Oxygen and Aerosol therapy
- Standard: which includes – Bath safety, walkers and beds
Long-Term Care Products are focused on providing total product offerings including servicing and detailed solutions. Some of these products are:
- Dialysis chairs
- Transfer and transport equipment
- Injury reduction
- Facility Compliance
Respiratory Division is one of the vital departments along with the other equipment with more focus on devices to cater patients with respiratory requirements.
Invacare respiratory is providing following products:
- Aerosol Therapy: which includes – Aerosol Compressors, Asthma Management Products, Medication Nebulizers and Suction units
- Disposable Products: which includes – Humidifiers and Large Volume Nebulizers, Masks, Nasal Cannulas and Tubing
- Oxygen Therapy: which includes – Compressed Oxygen Products, Conserving Devices, Cylinders, HomeFill, Portable Oxygen Concentrators, Pulse Oximetry Products, Regulators, Home Oxygen Concentrators.
Oxygen Concentrator product line
Stationary Oxygen Concentrators
- Perfect O2
- Platinum 10
Portable Oxygen Concentrators
- Solo 2